Monday, July 30, 2012

CASH-IN ON LONG PERU STYLE EARRINGS

Throngs of beachgoers nearly knocked me down once as our family trekked to Chicago’s Annual Air and Water Show at the lakefront.  I had stopped in the midst of the entire crowd, frozen by the sight of racks of earrings being sold for $5.00 by some of the vendors who lined the path to the beach.
The earrings were clearly not junk jewelry and the vendors were not your ordinary sellers of show mementoes, imported trinkets and toys. 

ETHNIC HANDCRAFTED JEWELRY

These were Peruvian women dressed in native colorful costumes and wearing their trademark felt bowler hats selling long silver Peruvian earrings, their own handcrafted jewelry.
The earring designs were made of curled silver wire, highlighted with shiny tiny tabs and wire-wrapped genuine semi-precious gemstone cabochons like
  • orange carnelian
  • rose quartz
  • black onyx
I was amazed that such intricately worked silver chandelier earrings with genuine gemstones were only $5.00.
I bought 4 different pairs, each with a different colored gemstone.
I realized later at home that the earrings were very heavy because of the gemstones.  Also they weren’t sterling but a silver alloy with nickel.  So I switched the earrings’ French hooks for pierced ears to clip-ons.

CLASS, LONG AND ORIGINAL

But at 4 inches long, the earrings were very exotic at the time of my purchase. I only wore them at casual evening events.  After a while, I just didn’t wear them as much and they stayed in back of my jewelry stash.
But today’s jewelry looks call for long earrings for daytime accessories as well as evening. 
So I proudly support Peruvian women and sport my Peruvian earrings all of the time now. They seriously rival any diamond chandelier earrings worn by Kim Kardashian or her mom.

SHOP FOR PERUVIAN EARRINGS

You do not have to go to the beach to find this ethnic jewelry style, the earrings are sold on the internet at many online stores for very modest prices ranging from $10-$15 including shipping.
You can view a pin of Peruvian silver  hand-crafted chandelier earrings at Pinterest-Pat Thomas-Jewelry Hot Trends.
Pat Thomas for Jewelrystash until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment

ADVICE, INPUT??