Here are 5 easy-to-copy formal jewelry looks and sequined evening gown styles worn by TV stars on the 2013 Emmys Red Carpet:
1. Pure Gold! Dramatically large and long stampato and sculpted gold earrings and cuff bracelets: The gold jewelry styles worn by Tina Fey, Taylor Schilling and Padma Lakshmi from ‘Top Chef’ were star attractions.
They all rocked the “Golden Goddess” jewelry look.
2. Long shoulder duster earrings like Melissa Rauch’s blue sky colored Larimer gemstone slice earrings were showstoppers. Gold dangles and gemstone slice shoulder dusters were the perfect pairing for many strapless and halter evening gowns on the Red Carpet.
3. Scattered sequined and beaded appliques with colorful prints strategically placed on the waist, neckline or bodice of gowns were winning styles.
Amy Poehler’s black silk chiffon gown just featured bead appliques on the hips. Claire Danes’ blush pink slip gown was a stand-out with silver chain straps and a beaded bodice. Both looks were fabulous without tons of jewelry accessories on the TV stars.
4. Turning up the lights in fully sequined gowns were ‘Project Runway’ Executive Producer Heidi Klum in a scarlet red halter and Julia Dreyfus in a liquid silver evening dress. Both looks stole the show of E! Channel’s broadcast of the event.
5. The shape of some gowns appeared almost sculptural, maybe a nod to 3D TV. These gowns had pleated and folded fabric designs. Look online for pics of Allison Williams purple strapless dress and Cobie Smulders’ highly structured designer gown.
Carrie Underwood was one of the few stars that wore over-the-top diamond jewelry. But otherwise expensive gold jewelry, heavy use of sequins and beaded embellishments were the top fashion-forward looks worn on the 2013 Emmys Red Carpet.