|Cleaning chemicals and rings don't mix!|
Some smelly harsh chemicals sold for Spring Cleaning can discolor base metal junk jewelry rings. Silver, especially, can be tarnished by basic cleaning chemicals like bleach and ammonia.
And, I certainly don't recommend wearing fine jewelry gold rings while using wipes that contain strong disinfectants like Alky Dimethyl Benzyl Ammonium Chlorides.
1st Steps To Keep Rings Away From Harsh Chemicals
|Keep Ring Holders Handy|
- Place your rings on a ring holder and keep holders in the kitchen and bathroom
- Wear rubber gloves
- Use Less Harsh Coconut Oil based Castile Soap (here’s the link my blog post on using coconut products: Use Coconut And Technology for Spring Cleaning
Use Technology for Disinfecting Virtually Hands-Free
I clean AND disinfect with non-chemical technologies to control the growth of bacteria, viruses, allergens, mold and mildew throughout my home. Here are some of the cleaning technologies I use for Spring Cleaning:
- UVA light scanner-the UVA light wave kills most pathogens
- Steam Cleaner-Hot steam degreases and kills most pests and pathogens
- Negative Ion generator-Deodorizes and eliminates most allergens, mold and mildew
These technologies don’t require the use of harsh cleaning chemicals to disinfect and I only use my hands to hold the equipment.
|Home Steam Cleaner|
These devices make Spring Cleaning a breeze. I especially like these devices because I am a lazy housekeeper who’d rather spend time looking at baubles and reading about jewelry.