I got a real thrill watching the luxury jewelry looks worn by celebrity nominees walking the Red Carpet at the 2013 Golden Globes Awards Ceremony. Here are the Best of the Best couture designer and luxury jewelry styles that I saw:
- Kerri Washington star of Quentin Tarantino’s “Django Unchained” sported the best vintage JEWELRY with a diamond and platinum Art Deco Movado wristwatch. The luxury watch firm has won contemporary fame for producing the ubiquitous "Museum Watch" but don’t forget that Movado’s history goes way back-well over 100 years.
- Jessica Chastain of “Zero Dark Thirty” fame flashed the MOST SHOW STOPPING DIAMOND EARRINGS: a pair of rectangular cut diamond drops by luxury jeweler Harry Winston which displayed an incredible light-emitting luminescence clearly visible on the E! Channel’s broadcast of the Red Carpet event. This was not a momentary flash but a constant, highly visible, light-emitting fluorescence from both earrings.
- Julianna Hough from “Rock of Ages” sported the ULTIMATE WHIMSICAL JEWELRY LOOK with a crawling beetle and praying mantis on her ear lobes. The handcrafted ear cuffs are truly art jewelry.
- Olivia Munn of “The Newsroom” wore the BEST BEADED BEJEWELED GOWN with her strapless Armani design embellished with huge turquoise cabochons. The gems were horizontally placed to give the effect of a blue-green Native American hair pipe breastplate atop a black skirt.
- Taylor Swift gets the NO. 1 SEXY LOOK TROPHY for her amethyst shoulder drop earrings that accessorized her eggplant backless, almost to the crack, gown by designer Donna Karan.
- Denzel Washington’s daughter Olivia Washington wins BEST DADDY’S GIRL ACCOLADES. Olivia wore small dark gemstone chandelier earrings to top-off her safe, demure flower print gown that I’m sure daddy approved of.
- Zooey Deschanel of “New Girl” gets the ULTIMATE I COULDN’T BE BOTHERED AWARD for matching her stunning red Oscar De La Renta couture designer gown with a boring strand of white South Sea pearls, matching pearl earrings and pearl bracelet.
- Sofia Vergara from “Modern Family” gets the YOU KNOW YOU LOVE MY JEWELRY AWARD for her diamond flower earrings and matching diamond floral statement ring by luxury jewelry designer Lorraine Schwartz. The floral design jewelry was the perfect touch for Vergara’s black sequin, strapless barely there, gown by couture designer Cinco.
- Amanda Seyfried wins HAD TO GO BACK TO GET SOME JEWELRY PROPS for wearing a simple gold bar pin with her beige sequined “Old Hollywood Glamour” gown designed with a keyhole neckline.
Congratulations to all the 2013 Golden Globe Red Carpet stars for arriving in awesome luxury jewelry style!!