Monday, January 21, 2013

ORGANIZE YOUR BEADS AND JEWELRY, FIND TREASURE

I had to rummage through some old, unfinished bead projects to find a pendant I recalled buying several years ago:

Jumble of beads and fashion jewelry
In this bag of old beads and fashion jewelry in the basement...



Ethiopian prayer box pendant on red glass bead necklace
... I found this antique Ethiopian prayer box



 
Recently, I viewed a religious pendant while on  an antiques website.    It was described as a Yemeni Hebrew prayer box.

 I recalled that I had purchased something very similar many years ago. So I started rifling through my basement storage area. I found the pendant in a bag holding a mishmash of old beads, fashion jewelry and gold findings.

When I bought this prayer box many years ago, I didn't even know what it was, I just liked the particular tint of the red glass beads.  I planned to use the beads in another project that  I never got around to starting. 

ETHIOPIAN PRAYER BOX


I determined that my prayer box is from Ethiopia based on the yarns holding the box. The bezel to the right is not empty, it appears to contain a small, possibly shrunken gemstone, maybe an opal.

Now... back to organizing my old beads and jewelry findings. Maybe I'll discover more treasure.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ADVICE, INPUT??