Friday, August 17, 2012

TRANSFORMERS JEWELRY

Doorknocker earrings have always been my favorite style, especially those designed with colorful gemstones or plastic.  I found the blue pair below in a bin at a thrift store for about $7 a couple years ago. 

Vintage Doorknocker Earrings


BUY JEWELRY BECAUSE YOU LIKE IT

To me they seemed to be a good business look. I really liked the style and aqua color.
 I thought that they were made of glass when I bought them because the material does not have the soft feel of turquoise.
I brought the earrings home and put them with my other fashion jewelry. I have never worn or even cleaned them (as you can see in the photo).

AMAZING VINTAGE JEWELRY FIND

Just recently, I noticed them and I took them out for a closer look.  The pierced earring clips are an unusual narrow design. There are several hallmarks on the back of the clips.

Unusual Pierced Earring Clips with Hallmarks on the Back


 The hallmarks on each earring are similar but slightly different.  In fact, one earring is marked 14kt but the other one is not marked. Hmm…

GEMSTONE BEADS TO SWITCH-UP


Gemstone, Plastic Doorknocker Beads for Earrings
 
 
The only problem with some of the above gemstone dangle earrings  is that they are a little weighty on the ear.
Pat Thomas for  Jewelrystash until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment

ADVICE, INPUT??