Senator Nancy Pelosi was coolly refreshing-looking today wearing her rough-cut chunky aquamarine bead necklace for a casual jewelry look. In fact, I am sure she was chilled cold as ice: Literally!
Aquamarine beads are some of the coldest feeling gemstones I have ever touched: They feel like auto coolant for your skin.
The Democratic Senate Minority Leader accessorized her baby blue colored aquamarine beads with earrings designed with gold and white mother of pearl inlayed onto small conch shells. Her jewelry perfectly blended with her cream blazer for a soft power look.
Senator Pelosi’s switch from one of her many trademark strands of majestic Tahitian and South Sea pearl necklaces (AAA grade) for the season reminded me to switch my own jewelry style for summer sun and beach fun.
I especially favor cooling blue water and sand colored tones of summer jewelry.
Here are some casual jewelry style ideas:
- White Hawaiian Puka Shell Anklet
- Multi-color, inlayed semi-precious gemstone Native American Southwestern bracelets
- Turquoise earrings
- Dominican blue amber necklace
- Waterproof sports watch with a plastic watchband in your favorite color
- Modern Mexican Taxco sterling jewelry with whimsical designs
- Artful Bali silver or other ethnic jewelry
- Any CHEAP colorful fashion or semi-precious gemstone that's a hot trend
Casual jewelry styles won’t weight you down with carats or a too serious attitude, whether you are having fun snorkeling off of your favorite Caribbean Beach, sightseeing in the Grand Canyon or hiking through Yellowstone National Park.
Pat Thomas for Jewelrystash until next time…