|PERSIAN GOLD WITH GOLD JEWELRY STYLE|
Reza said it’s all about “Glitz, Glam and Cash” for Persians. And the lavish luxury jewelry he and other cast members wear on the SHAHS OF SUNSET illustrates just that-extravagantly!
HERE ARE 10 PERSIAN JEWELRY STYLE SECRETS ON SHAHS:
- Cast members combine antique Persian 24kt Gold jewelry with contemporary luxury designer jewelry, like Chanel or Versace featuring oversized colored gemstones.
- Many cast members showcase more traditional Persian colored gemstones like turquoise (Persian blue), blue lapis and onyx. Many items appear to be antique or vintage jewelry but all are huge.
- The occasional diamond studs are large rounds cuts, surrounded with more round diamonds. Otherwise, color gemstones rule on the Shahs of Sunset.
- Most of the finely wrought gold jewelry the cast members wear is 21kt to 24kt with the distinct, sunshine buttery yellow color of pure gold. I can’t remember more awesome or expensive jewelry on a TV show ever.
- Artist Asa especially favors wearing antique jewelry styles like Cleopatra collars, breast shields and the bracelet-ring thingy.
- The women are not afraid of wearing full, flowing dresses and caftans which re-enforce a royal vibe or priestess look when combined with the lavish jewelry.
- Cast members are not afraid of radically changing jewelry styles to suit the moment. Asa, for example, last season, on the way to a short vacation, wore a finely wrought, elaborate 24kt gold necklace along with 10 or more thin gold bangles on one arm. On the other arm she wore about 5 South African woven bead bangles, one with cowrie shells. In Season 2 episode 1, Asa changed her style for a meeting with a fashion designer: She switched to hip-hop bling style, a la Beyoncé: She wore a huge chunky gold name necklace with even bigger chunky gold hoops.
- The women’s’ long dark hair styles are the perfect backdrops for large traditional Persian gold crescent hoops and other long earring styles.
- Coin jewelry and large gold medallions are very big on the show.
- None of the men wear earrings. Most of the mens jewelry styles on Shahs are understated. A very expensive, but understated gold dress watch will be paired with a small pendant on a leather string or a basic gold chain with a simple gold medallion.
The Persian royal treasury is the largest ever accumulated in history. I’ve read news reports that state that the Persian empire’s royal jewelry is still ensconced in Tehran and IS STILL the most expensive royal treasury in the world. I am grateful that SHAHS OF SUNSET allows a refreshing peek into the vestiges of Persia’s ancient culture. The show is an incredibly refreshing change-of-pace on TV
Pat Thomas for Jewelrystash until next time.