There will be times and places when you will want to have an understated jewelry look. Here are suggestions for those events that allow you to still feel gorgeous:
- Very small, eye clean white diamond stud earrings about .2 carat with maximum facets
- Swiss watch
- Replica of your wedding ring in gold overlay with a diamond substitute
- Small gold ball earrings 18k gold
- Sapphire earrings, any color or white
- Handcrafted jewelry can be a subtle focal point.
These suggestions are for times when there’s the risk of your treasure being lost, stolen or misinterpreted:
- You’ve got to ride public transportation through the city to downtown
- You have to go through Homeland security at the airport
- Traveling and hotels stays. Over $100,000 in jewelry was stolen from one of the Beastie Boys during a hotel stay earlier this month. He had insurance, you should get it too, now not later, to cover theft and loss.
- You are going to spend the afternoon at the beach
- You’ll be in a meeting, interview or financial audit
- You DON’T want to wear much jewelry period and prefer looking unadorned.