Monday, March 11, 2013

How To Keep Your Rings Looking Good While Spring Cleaning


Person's hands over bowl of bubbly cleaner
Cleaning chemicals and rings don't mix!


Some smelly harsh chemicals sold for Spring Cleaning can discolor base metal  junk jewelry rings.  Silver, especially, can be tarnished by basic cleaning chemicals like bleach and ammonia.
 And, I certainly don't recommend wearing fine jewelry gold rings while using wipes that contain strong disinfectants like Alky Dimethyl Benzyl Ammonium Chlorides.

1st Steps To Keep Rings Away From Harsh Chemicals


Porcelain hand ring holder
Keep Ring Holders Handy


  • Place your rings on a ring holder and keep holders in the kitchen and bathroom
  • Wear rubber gloves
  • Use Less Harsh Coconut Oil based Castile Soap (here’s the link my blog post on using coconut products: Use Coconut And Technology for Spring Cleaning

Use Technology for Disinfecting Virtually Hands-Free

 

I clean AND disinfect with non-chemical technologies to control the growth of bacteria, viruses, allergens, mold and mildew throughout my home.  Here are some of the cleaning technologies I use for Spring Cleaning:

  1. UVA light scanner-the UVA light wave kills most pathogens 
  2. Steam Cleaner-Hot steam degreases and kills most pests and pathogens 
  3. Negative Ion generator-Deodorizes and eliminates most allergens, mold and mildew

These technologies don’t require the use of harsh cleaning chemicals to disinfect and I only use my hands to hold the equipment.

Home Steam cleaner
Home Steam Cleaner


These devices make Spring Cleaning a breeze. I especially like these devices because I am a lazy housekeeper who’d rather spend time looking at baubles and reading about jewelry.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ADVICE, INPUT??